This post may contain affiliate links. That means that if you happen to click on this link and purchase through it, I may receive compensation from it.
Do you ever not sweep because the hassle of lugging your sweeper out of the closet, undoing the cord, finding a plug that you don't have to stand on your head to get to, and then doing the actual sweeping is just a pain in the ass? That's me. sweeping is not my favorite chore. Actually, I don't really like household chores at all, but sweeping is not something I do all the time, which is sad, because we have dogs and I really should be sweeping all the time. But I think if I had one of those super sweet new cordless stick vacs, I would sweep all of the time!
I have been eyeing these cordless stick vacuums for years. The idea of just grabbing the sweeper off the wall and sweeping up a little bit and then hanging the sweeper right back up appeals to me. No lugging. No pulling. No standing on my head. Yeah, I can do that kind of sweeping!
I tried one of the less powerful ones that has a handheld vac attached to the front, but I broke it, and now the main sweeper part doesn't work, and just the handheld one does. Either way, it was a little bit of a pain, because my kids never plugged it in right, so it was never charged, and it didn't really work that well.
So, fast forward to a week or so ago. I had been telling my husband about this stick vac. I'm telling him, "I've always pictured myself with a Donna Reed dress on with an apron and then I would easily pull out my battery powered stick vac and sweep...all. the. time." Well, he gave me the green light to spend the money on a new one!
I went out and got for myself a Dyson V7 Motorhead Cordless Stick vacuum. I brought it home and OMG.
IT. IS. AMAZING!
You all, you have to try this vacuum! Here is why I think it's so amazing:
- It is so easy to use. It has a trigger that turns it on, and when you release the trigger, it turns off. No more leaving a running vacuum in the middle of your living room and burning holes in your carpet!
- The suction is incredible. When Dyson says that they have amazing suction, they aren't kidding. I have two dogs, and they have a lot of hair. There is hair everywhere in our house. When I use this vacuum, it picks up everything in sight! I know it does because I can see it in the canister! And this is just in regular suction mode! Which leads me to my next point ...
- MAXIMUM SUCTION MODE! I know! As if the regular suction wasn't the best, now, when I can't get a certain spot, I throw that baby into Maximum Suction, and ... just ... forget it. It's so powerful!
- Speaking of not getting certain spots, my regular vacuum was so high profile I could never sweep under the toe kicks in my kitchen. We have carpet even in our kitchen, so that meant that every thing that got stuck under the toe kick was probably not coming out, until now. The Dyson is so low profile it fits perfectly under the toe kick!
- It fits between almost anything. It has one of those Dyson balls on the one attachment that allows it to get almost anywhere! Maybe you don't want to move the chairs out from underneath the kitchen table today, NO PROBLEM! It swivels to get nearly anywhere you want it to go!
- The attachments are easy to use and to clean. It has two main attachments: a wide sweeper head, and a crevice tool. These can interchange on the base of the sweeper which allows you to sweep your couch our steps easily, OR you can add the long attachment to the base and add one of the smaller attachments! The wide sweeper tool allows you to sweep normally, and the crevice tool allows you to reach cobwebs on the ceiling!
- I mentioned the canister earlier and it is worth mentioning again. The canister is so easy to empty. You just pull up on the top of the base and the bottom drops down and the dirt falls right out! So simple. Now, it does not hold a ton of dirt, that is a small drawback, but the suction is so amazing that once you sweep your floor the first time (I had to empty the canister maybe 3 times the first time I swept the living room/dining room), after that, you will only need to use it once!
- Okay, one of the selling factors for me on this particular model, the V7 Motorhead, is that it is quiet, and it truly is. My dogs always bark when I even pull out the old sweeper. They hate it! But this thing? I swept my couch at 1:00am (I couldn't sleep, I swear!) and no one heard it! It's that quiet.
- One drawback that some people may have is that it only runs for 20 minutes on a full charge in regular suction mode (only 6 minutes if it is in continual Maximum Suction mode). I don't find this a drawback. I don't really take 20 minutes to sweep. Also, like I mentioned before, once you sweep the first time, there is not so much dirt that you need to run it for a long time after that!
- It is super simple to charge. The base that it sits in is designed so well that when you hang it back up, the charging cord plugs right in without having to mess with it. My old stick vac was a pain to plug in and no one ever did it, so it was never charged. This thing is always charging and is always ready when I need it!
- Okay, I swear this is the last thing ... it is so easy to clean out. The attachments are straight without any of those crinkly hoses that dirt gets stuck into. You literally just rinse it out if you need to clean it. The filter pulls straight out of the top and rinses out as well. Also, the base is easy do disassemble and re-assemble if you have too much hair or anything wrapped around the beater bar.
So there you have it! It's amazing. It's phenomenal. It makes all my Donna Reed wishes come true! I have not been paid by Dyson to write this. This is just my honest opinion of something that I truly enjoy using. If you would like to try one of these out, you can click HERE to get one!